Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spices are the key to this tasty low fat soup. I enjoy it thouroughly, and hope you will as well.
- 1 can 99% fat free chicken broth
- 2⁄3 can low fat chicken in water
- 3 cups low fat noodles (whatever kind your heart so desires)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt (to taste)
- basil (to taste)
- 1⁄4 onion, diced small
- Put noodles and onions into pan and fill with water until the water is about an inch over the noodles.
- Add some spices, cook on high until noodles are cooked.
- Drain the water from the pan, leaving the noodles and onions inside, add a little more spice.
- Turn off the stovetop.
- Dump chicken broth into pan.
- Drain water from the canned chicken.
- Put the 2/3 of the can into the chicken broth, noodle mixture.
- Cook on high, adding spices to taste and stirring occasionally until soup is boiling or almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and serve when sufficiently cooled.
I really enjoyed this wonderful soup! I used chicken breast instead of the canned chicken, it is very satisfying and delicious thank you for sharing!
MY MIL just got out of the hospital so made this for us for dinner. This was really easy to make and tasted good. I would use shredded chicken breasts next time instead of canned. This made for a quick and easy dinner. Made for Spring PAC 2010
Fantastic stuff - I used whole wheat rotini and they plumped up so much that I added a second can of broth and I used the Ms. Dash original instead of Lawry's seasoned salt but othewise followed your recipe. Thanks for the keeper - I loved it !