Recipe by germuga
My kids and wife love going to hibachi dining, so much so it was putting a crunch on the old wallet. I challenged myself to come up with a fried rice that was not only a healthier alternative, but tasted great too.
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Minute Rice or 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (spray mist delivery is best)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare chicken either grilled or baked separately ahead of time.
- After starting chicken prepare minute rice per instructions on box.
- When rice is done spray liberally with olive oil, while stirring with a fork. This will both fluff the rice and keep it from sticking together.
- Place cooked rice with olive oil in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes. This should be about the same time to finish cooking your chicken.
- In a large non stick skillet over medium heat fry up eggs breaking yolks while frying, salt and pepper to taste. Eggs should be fried good and in small pieces.
- Prepare vegetables separately steamer bags work nice 6 minutes in microwave, strain and set aside.
- Take prepared chicken and cut up into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- Take rice out of refrigerator and start adding slowly to skillet, you can spray with more olive oil while adding the rest to the skillet.
- Stir in soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce and spray butter, while continuing to stir rice mixture. Let cook while stirring for 3-5 minutes.
- Add strained vegetables to your rice, add chicken to your rice while continuing to stir for 3-5 minutes, black pepper to taste.
- Before removing from skillet to put in serving dish, you may want to add some more soy sauce to taste.