Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my grand kid's wanted some French Dressing to drizzle over some cottage cheese (not one of my favorites thing to do, but very popular in her home!) so I whipped up this recipe in about 2 minutes. This simple french salad dressing recipe is superb and very easy to make. French Dressing is made of ketchup, apple cider vinegar, sugar, onion, and oil. Her family loved it ...I made more for her sister to take home..
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Cover and blend until the onion is pureed and mixture is thick and smooth. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, stirring before serving if necessary. Makes about 3/4 cup dressing.
- My Note: I was pretty much out of ACV (as I am finding so many uses for it lately!) so I used some white wine vinegar instead and it's great although I would prefer to have used organic ACV for the health benefits.
- At times I used 1/2 canola oil and 1/2 olive oil, cut the worcestershire sauce to 1/2 tablespoon, and used 1/2 tablespoon onion powder instead of the fresh onion. I also used distilled white vinager.