Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
Original recipe came from the Williams-Sonoma Potato book. I made some adjustments.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the unpeeled whole potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork. Let them cool, and refrigerate them until cold, at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large, heavy nonstick frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, red onion, and white onion and toss to coat. Saute, tossing every 3 or 4 minutes, until the potatoes are light brown and the onions are just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes total.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to blend.
- Cook until the potatoes and onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
- Add the green onions and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Toss until the butter melts and the green onions just wilt, about 1 minute.