1/9 Photos of Home Fries With Onions
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The recipe has been handed down at least three generations and it always gets oohs and aahs from my family when I decide to make it. I either serve it with steak or ham chops. Be careful when cooking the potatoes as they sometimes pop right out of the skillet. One of those screen covers would work really well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open cans and remove water.
- 2Dump potatoes out on a paper towel and blot excessive moisture off.
- 3Slice the onion and then chop it the other direction.
- 4In a skillet on medium-high heat melt 1-tablespoon of margarine.
- 5Saute the onion until tender.
- 6Remove onion from skillet and set aside.
- 7Add another tablespoon of margarine and melt it.
- 8Spread melted margarine so it coats bottom of the skillet.
- 9Place potato slices on to the skillet so each piece is touching the surface.
- 10As potatoes brown (golden), turn them over.
- 11(Since I double the recipe, I remove the browned potatoes and add more.
- 12uncooked ones to the skillet as they all don't fit in the pan at once.).
- 13Add the rest of the margarine to the skillet.
- 14After all of the potatoes have reached a golden brown on both sides, add.
- 15sauteed onions and fold into potatoes.
- 16Sprinkle garlic powder over cooking potatoes.
- 17Heat the onions & potatoes for another 20 minutes, flipping them every 5-minutes.
- 18Serve. Yum!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home Fries With Onions
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 326.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g