Recipe by farcus
I prepare these home fries in a two step process. I also use Ball's Cajun Seasoning or Lawry's seasoning depending on my mood.I found chilling them over night gives them a nice texture. I cook them in a 10 inch iron skillet.
- 5 -6 large red potatoes
- 12 cups water (depends on size of pot)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- seasoning salt
- 2 -3 green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes well.
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of water until potatoes are soft. Skin and all.
- Remove potatoes from boiling water when done and place in refrigerator and let cool completely.
- Remove potatoes from refrigerator and dice into small pieces (cubed).
- Dice green onions and place aside.
- Heat up skillet (iron) on medium heat. When hot, coat pan with butter or margarine.
- Place potatoes in skillet. Stir potatoes frequently.I use a spatula.
- Add seasoning to taste. Continue cooking potatoes until well cooked with some browning. Browning adds flavor.
- Add green onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot. I like them with eggs and bacon.