Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and delicious.
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place unpeeled whole potatoes into a pot of water. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat when water begins to boil. Leave potatoes in pot for 10 minutes. Drain water and remove from pot. When cooled, peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in skillet.
- Place cubed potatoes and sliced onions in large bowl. Pour on 2 tbs of oil.
- Add salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix with hands.
- Pour into skillet and cover. Cook on low for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir and cover. Cook another 15-20 minutes.
Great recipe! I followed the recipe exactly and they were the best. I did keep the peel on since I don't mind it and they were still delicious. Thanks!
Excellent home fries. I did add a little butter to the oil for the flavor. Thanks for the method!
Everything about this recipe is perfect - the seasonings, the timings, the techniques, crisp/tender ratio and flavor.. they didn't stick and turn into mush like I usually get when I try to do home fries, so kudos on the cooking technique. Leaving them alone made all the difference! These rival the best from the best diners and will be the only home fries recipe I use from now on.. thanks!