Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A runner up in the 1981 Reynolds Wrap contest.
- Cut yams into 1" thick slices.
- Combine water and salt,soak yam slices for 30 minutes.
- Remove from water and drain and pat dry.
- Melt butter in large skillet,add yams,brown quickly on both sides.
- Sprinkle with sugar,stir gently to coat both sides.
- Cover,reduce heat to low,simmer 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
A very tasty way to do up yams, at least for me, but then I love the buggers, so . . . ! Great for snacking on, too! Thanks for a new way to enjoy these! [Tagged, made & reviewed in My-3-Chefs]