Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup bacon drippings
- Press potatoes between paper towels; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Heat drippings in heavy skillet; add potatoes.
- Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and fry over medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
This was delicious! I made it for breakfast, alongside pancakes, and it was quick & easy. I didn't use bacon, and I was out of paprika, so I just added some Lawry's season all. I add about double the amount of pepper, too. I leave the skins on the potatoes, but still chop them up into small bits, to have a country-style feel. Served with ketchup, and it was great!!!
This is the way my momma made fried potatoes when I was growing up. I still love them today. The variation is to also add a sliced onion to them, that is also tasty and makes them a little different. Thank you for letting other people in on a great recipe that is fast and easy.
Just like my Great Granny used to make.Oh so good. Thanks Tonkcats