Prep 19 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was from my Junior High Home Ec class. I can't believe my mom has saved the recipe sheet for so many years. However, I am glad because we are still enjoying this easy recipe. The original recipe calls for Penne pasta but we like this with a types of pasta.
- 500 g round steaks, cut into thin thins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups tomatoes, pureed or 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 300 -400 g pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet or a wok, stir fry beef strips in hot oil over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, and spices and cook for 2 minutes longer, until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain and then return to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and green pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nice comfort food. I used about 1 tsp of oil and instead of chopping the green pepper I cut it into strips. The onion I sliced and seperated into rings. Also, I decided to add a couple of fresh tomatoes, diced. Served it over the penne pasta. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
Very tasty family meal that is easy to prepare.