Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Carl Sandburg Middle School, Old Bridge, NJ, from 1974 or 1975. I'm so glad to have this recipe from my past. Thanks Susan!
- In the top of a double boiler (or in bowl in a microwave), melt butter and chocolate.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, beat until bubbles form (this step is really important-keep beating until you get bubbles).
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spread in a greased 8x8-inch pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
- Options: add some yogurt or applesauce for moister brownies. Stir in some chocolate chips and/or raisins (soak the raisins in water and drain, before adding) at the end.