Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Carl Sandburg Middle School, Old Bridge, NJ, from 1974 or 1975. I'm so glad to have this recipe from my past. Thanks Susan!
- In the top of a double boiler (or in bowl in a microwave), melt butter and chocolate.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, beat until bubbles form (this step is really important-keep beating until you get bubbles).
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spread in a greased 8x8-inch pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
- Options: add some yogurt or applesauce for moister brownies. Stir in some chocolate chips and/or raisins (soak the raisins in water and drain, before adding) at the end.