Recipe by michEgan
If you enjoy canning you will love this recipe.
Top Review by gmy22
Very easy to make and yummy! I did add 1 1/2 tsp of orange peel to the water and sugar mixture. The citrus blended very well with the tartness of the cranberries. You will need to skim the "foam" off the top of the sauce before canning. Next time I may add a pat of butter. This helps with the foam in jams. It may help with this as well. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and the water in a 8 quart kettle.
- Stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Heat mixture to boiling. Boil 5 minutes.
- Add the 12 cups of cranberries.
- Cook until skins pop, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pack into hot jars leaving a 1/2 inch head space.
- Adjust the lids.
- Process in water bath for 5 minutes.