Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can not remember where i found this recipe, but am posting it by request. Glad you enjoyed the recipe.
- 6 lbs tomatoes, peeled & quartered (one gallon)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 10 jalapeno peppers, chopped (for hot, or 7 for med. or mild use 4)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Put all ingredients in large enamel pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into sterilized pints.
- Seal and process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
I just want to verify that the water bath is actually only 5 min for shelf stable ?
Good recipe but next time I will use at least half if not less salt.
This is a lot sweeter than rotel with the sugar and I even used a little less than it called for. I would say maybe half is probably better, but this was my first time making it. still is tasty but not for the intended use.