1/2 Photos of Home Canned Dry Beans
19 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
For ease on preparing wonderful soups. Here is a great recipe for canning dry Beans or peas. They make a wonderful and fast baked beans too! Bonus, it is easy and the flavor is excellent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs dried beans or 5 lbs dried peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, per pint jars
- 1Select Mature, dry seeds. Sort out and discard discolored seeds.
- 2Place Beans or peas in a large pot and cover with water. Soak 12 to 18 hours in a cool place. Drain water. Again cover beans with fresh water and boil 30 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt per pint jars or 1 teaspoon for quart jars if desired. Fill pint or quart jars with the soaked beans and cooking water, leaving a 1 inch head space. Adjust lids and process.
- 3Recommended process time for Beans or Peas in a dial-gauged pressure canner.
- 4Pints: 75 Minutes at 10 lbs.
- 5Quarts 90 Minutes at 10 lbs.
- 65 pounds of beans is needed per canner load of 7 quarts.
- 73 1/4 pounds of beans are needed for 9 pints.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home Canned Dry Beans
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: