- 4 lbs lean lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and cored, cut up
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in shortening, remove meat. Add onion, garlic and cook till tender BUT NOT BROWN. Return meat to skillet. Add tomatoes, curry powder, and 2 teaspoons salt. Heat to boiling, Blend flour and 1/2 cup cold water. stir into meat mixture. Cook and sti till bubbly. Pack into hot pint jars, leaving a 1 inch head space. Adjust lids. Process in the pressure canner at 10 pounds. 75 minutes.
- BEFORE SERVING: Boil, uncovered at least 10 minutes BEFORE you taste or use. Serve with Hot rice.