Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Yet another winner for our home! It is easy and you add the noodles after you can it! Enjoy.
Make and share this Home Canned : Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs ready to cook chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- Cover chicken with 3 quarts of water. Add thyme and oregano. Bring to boiling. Simmer covered 1 hour. Remove chicken from the broth. cool. Remove meat from the bones, dice. Strain broth, skim off fat. Return to kettle. add the chicken, celery,onion,carrots, 1 tablespoon salt. and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. reduce heat and cook covered 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour hot soup into hot jars, leaving 1 inch head space. Adjust lids. Process in pressure cooker at 10 pounds, 75 minutes pints or 90 minutes for quarts.
- BEFORE SERVING:.
- For each pint add 1 cup of water. boil uncovered at least 10 minutes. BEFORE SERVING:.
- add 1/2 cup cook noodles.
Very simple recipe for canned chicken soup. I will be making this today. Thank you for the recipe!