Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have not tried this yet, but hope to soon.
- 58 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mixed pickling spices
- 6 cups cooked beef or 6 cups pork
- Combine first 8 ingredients.
- Tie pickling spices in a cheesecloth bag. add to sauce. cover and simmer 15 minutes. remove the spice bag. and add the meat to the sauce. Cover, heat.
- Pack into hot jars, leaving 1 inch head space.
- Adjust the lids.
- Process in pressure canner at 10 pounds, 75 minutes for pints.
- BEFORE SERVING:.
- Boil uncovered 10 minutes before tasting or using.
- Serve on your favorite bun.