For the purist in you... the purest vanilla flavoring ever. This one is from an old Southern Living magazine, from October of 1983.
My Private Note
- 1Combine vodka and vanilla beans in jar with tight fitting lid.
- 2Cover jar and let stand 6-8 weeks.
- 3Vodka mixture will turn amber colored in a day or two.
- 4After half the vanilla extract is used, add more vodka to cover the beans.
- 5The flavor in the beans is gone when vodka no longer turns a dark color.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home Brewed Vanilla Extract - Homemade - Copycat- Clone
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: