1/3 Photos of Home-Baked Soft Pretzels (YUM)
I'm from Philly, so soft pretzels are all over, BUT these home-baked pretzels are awesome. They are more like a PA Dutch pretzel, a little softer and more airy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Add flour and salt and stir to form a soft dough.
- 3Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, 4 to 5 times.
- 4Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 6Punch down and divide into 20 equal pieces.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 15 inch rope and twist into a pretzel shape.
- 8Combine baking soda and cold water and brush over each pretzel.
- 9Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- 10Place on non stick baking sheets.
- 11Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Serve warm with assorted mustards.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home-Baked Soft Pretzels (YUM)
Serving Size: 1 (1089 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 311.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g