Recipe by Cleanfreshcuisine
Home Baked Herb Bread is a flavorful, delicious braided yeast bread; a perfect accompaniment to any holiday dinner or family meal! Try this the next time you have a taste for home baked bread!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- yeast, one oz package
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, the sugar and the yeast in a large bowl. Add the parsley, rosemary and thyme.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the milk and butter. Heat until milk is just warm and the butter melted. Add the milk/butter to the flour mixture.
- Beat on medium speed for one minute.
- By hand, stir in the remaining flour, until dough is smooth not sticky.
- Knead for 5 to 6 minutes. Form into a ball and place the dough in a buttered bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until double, about one hour.
- Separate dough into 3 equal pieces. Form each piece into a 12″ rope and braid together. Place on a greased cookie sheet and cover with a towel. Let rise for another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the egg with a fork or whisk and brush loaf with beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. After 10 minutes, transfer loaf to rack to cool.
- 1 Braided 10″ Loaf of Herb Bread.