Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Red Bank Restaurant in Dublin, Eire back in the '60's offered the following very tasty dish to it’s customers. Simple and elegant for an evening of fine cuisine.
- 2 cups cooked lobsters, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cognac
- 1 cup lobster stock (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- Cook lobster pieces 2-3 minutes in butter.
- Add the 1 ½ oz cognac and flambé.
- Add the other ingredients (do not flambé the 2 tbsp cognac), heat well and serve.
- Lobster Stock - After boiling your lobster (or lobsters), reduce the liquid to about a pint, putting the shells back in for extra flavor after removing the meat.