Recipe by Chef_Sorvino
Our family recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup. With hints of Midwest and some Caribbean flare, this soup is a must have during the cold of Fall & Winter or when a someone in the family gets a cold.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, tenderloins (Boneless)
- 1 large yellow onion (Diced)
- 2 carrots (Chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bouillon cube (Chicken Flavored)
- 1 cup egg noodles (Thick or Thin)
- 1 cup snow peas (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (Finely Chopped)
- 10 -12 cups water
- salt (To Taste)
- pepper (To Taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Vegetable Base: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan on medium heat. Combine the carrots, celery and onions in the pan. Saute the vegetable mixture for 10 minutes adding in the celery salt half way through cooking.
- The Chicken & Stock: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan on medium heat. Salt and pepper the tenderloins and place in the pan. Cook the chicken on each side for 5 minutes for a total of 10 minutes. Add 10 cups of water and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer chicken for 10 minutes. Using tongs remove the chicken to a cutting board for cooling. Strain the stock through a wire mesh to remove any floating pieces. Combine the stock and vegetable mixture in a large soup pan. Dice the chicken into small bite size pieces and save for later.
- The Soup: Add the bouillon to the soup and dissolve the mixture. Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add in the egg noodles, chicken and snow peas; cook for another 10 minutes. Salt and pepper the soup to the desire taste. Remove head and add in the fresh cilantro. Allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.