Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy filling for steamed pork buns.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh garlic
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces Chinese barbecue pork (recipe follows or see Cantonese Barbecued Pork)
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat and fry garlic for 1 minute.
- Add hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch/water mixture and bring to a boil until sauce thickens, around 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pork and scallions.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool completely.
This was an excellent bao filling, although there was no need for cornstarch/water since the sauce is so minimal that it dries up all by itself quite quickly.