Recipe by BecR
Holy moly this is some great guacamole! Freshness is key here--you want to use the best quality & freshest ingredients you can find for a great guacamole. Helpful Tip: The addition of white vinegar is optional--it helps retain the bright green color of your guacamole (may store in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to two days). Serve your handmade guacamole with warm tortilla chips and an ice cold beer or margarita, and your favorite Mexican meal (tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, chile rellenos). Enjoy!
- 4 -6 medium avocados
- 7 ounces prepared fresh pico de gallo (or use 2 firm fresh tomatoes and 1/2 white onion, chopped plus 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced)
- 1 pinch finely minced fresh marjoram (or couple dashes of ground marjoram)
- 2 -3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro (leaves only, hand picked)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (or couple dashes of garlic powder)
- 1 pinch coarse salt (a pinch of lemon pepper or chicken base may be substituted for the salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the avocados in half and remove pits.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out pulp into a bowl.
- Mash the pulp with a fork or potato masher to your preference of chunkiness/smoothness (we prefer it chunky).
- With a spoon, mix in the fresh pico de gallo and remaining ingredients.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips and an ice cold beer or margarita, and your favorite Mexican meal (tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, chile rellenos). Enjoy!