1/2 Photos of Holy Mole Frijoles (Three Bean Mole)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1Saute onion and garlic until tender, but not browned.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for ten minutes.
- 4Uncover and simmer ten minutes more, stirring occasionally. If mixture is too thick, may be thinned with a little beer, broth or water.
- 5Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holy Mole Frijoles (Three Bean Mole)
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 466.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 20.2 g