Recipe by greysangel
This recipe comes from the Institute of Culinary Education. For the class the sauce was presented with grilled bacon wrapped scallops. This would be terrific with grilled shrimp as well. Corn tortilla chips would be the cheap alternative!
- 2 large jalapenos
- 2 slices of thick cut bacon
- 4 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (or reg hot sauce with a dash of chipotle powder)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 avocados
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Split jalapeños and take out membrane/seeds. Dice.
- Cook bacon in small skillet until fat melts. Take out bacon, cool and dice.
- Add jalapeño to fat (I removed most of the fat and just left the coated pan--shhh don't tell anyone -- still yummy!), stir over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add lime juice and Tabasco and remove from the heat.
- Peel and chop avocado into 1/4 inch pieces. Stir all the ingredients together.