Recipe by naptime4julie
This recipe is so amazingingly good but definately NOT good for you! Don't leave out the veggies-- they not only offer some nutritional value but rescue this dish from being totally sinful! My whole family loved it!
- 4 cups thawed o'brien frozen potatoes
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, MILD
- 2 lbs breakfast sausage, mild
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.In a medium saucepan, pour in Rotel and chunks of Velveeta. Heat until the Velveeta melts.
- 2. Pour thawed O'Brien potatoes in a 13x9 pyrex dish. Pour melted cheese mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- 3.Saute sausage until cooked, drain well. Add to potatoes.
- 4. Saute onions and green peppers in butter or olive oil until they begin to get tender. Add in mushrooms. Once everything is almost cooked, throw in the fresh spinach and saute until wilted.
- 5. Pour all veggies in potato mixture.
- 6. At this point you can refrigerate or cook at 350 for about an hour or until potatoes are soft.