1/5 Photos of Holy Guacamole! an Authentic Mexican Snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ripe avocados, fork smashed
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
- 1/2 sweet onions or 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 lemon, juice of (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano peppers (optional) or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and chopped (medium size)
- 1In a bowl fork smash the avocado with the roasted garlic until you have reached the desired consistency. Add in the onion, lemon juice, parsley or cilantro, hot pepper (if using), tomato and salt. Mix well and taste. Cover tightly and refrigerate, you may need to stir before eating as the avocados can oxidize on the air exposed areas (turns grey in color).
- 2Note: **Always add the tomato last as if you decide to mash the mixture some more you won't mash the tomatoes into pulp and juice.
- 3Great served along side Fresh Mexican Tomato Salsa - Pico De Gallo !
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holy Guacamole! an Authentic Mexican Snack.
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g