Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I did not make up this name. This came from a website called Divine Caroline. She says if you make these people will be worshipping your feet.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 18 ounces peanut butter, crunchy or 18 ounces smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 3 ounces good quality chocolate, of your choice (I used Scharffen Berger Semisweet 62 percent.)
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the whole jar of peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and mix well, taking care to coat all of the corn flakes.
- With a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out and form into 1–2 inch balls, depending on your preference, and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Put the chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about thirty seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.
Yep these are amazing. Teen-agers loved them - ok not a tough crowd, but they told me they were awesome and usually they just eat and eat without comment. I used Frosted Flakes because that's what I had. I knew we had no corn flakes but thought we had Honey Bunches of Oats which would probably be good too. 18 oz of peanut butter is about 2 cups if you buy it in bulk like I do. I used 1/2 cup Nestle chocolate chips with a little vegetable oil so it would drizzle. Dipping in candy melts would be good too.