Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is slightly different from the others, this calls for a German Chocolate cake mix, rather than Devil's Food. I bet both are wonderful. This version of recipe is from CDKitchen.com
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
- Prepare cake as package directs.
- Bake in greased 9x13 pan at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Blend together caramel topping and sweetened condensed milk.
- As soon as cake is removed from the oven poke holes all over top of cake.
- Pour milk all over cake.
- Crush 2 Butterfingers and sprinkle over cake.
- Chill cake.
- Stir together cream cheese and Cool Whip until well blended.
- Spread over cake. Crush remaining candy bars and sprinkle over cake.
This cake really makes you say "Holy Cow" it is amazing. I make it alot for friends on their birthday as a request!