1/6 Photos of Holy Cow Cake
MA HIKER's Note:
That's what your mouth will say when you take a bite of this moist and delicious chocolate cake! This recipe is a traditional birthday cake recipe for my family. Many thanks to Anne Byrn author of "The Cake Mix Doctor".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray a 13 by 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- 3Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs with an electric mixer. Blend on low speed for 1 minute, scrap the sides and then mix at medium for 2 more minutes.
- 4The batter should look thick and well blended.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven.
- 6Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 35 to 38 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack.
- 8Immediately poke holes in the top of the cake with a drinking straw or chopstick.
- 9While the cake is baking prepare the topping. Place the caramel topping and the sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- 10Spoon this mixture over the warm cake so that it can seep down into the holes. Measure out half of the crushed candy bars and sprinkle the pieces over the cake.
- 11Place the whipped topping and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and combined.
- 12Spread the frosting over the candy covered cake.
- 13Sprinkle the remaining candy pieces on top.
- 14Place the pan, uncovered, the refrigerator to chill the cake for about 20 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
- 15Store this cake, covered with wax paper, in teh refrigerator for up to 1 week (if it lasts that long!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holy Cow Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.3
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 347.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g