Recipe by IAKnight
A twist on traditional Potato salad with a little kick!
Top Review by Roger/OH
Great unique potato salad. I did not taste much spiceyness at all. Even the non-hot eaters in the family enjoyed it. Loved the flavor the caraway seeds gave it. If I were to change anything, it would be add more liquid smoke next time.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled & diced into 1/2 cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (e.g. Miracle Whip) or 3⁄4 cup salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons tabasco brand smoked chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dried chives or 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil diced potatoes until just done – do not overcook. Drain, and soak in cold water (to stop cooking process), drain again once cooled.
- Whisk Tabasco® sauce into mayonnaise until well blended. More or less Chipotle can be added to taste. Take care however; mixture will get hotter as flavors mature.
- Combine potatoes, sweet corn, and onions into a mixing bowl – gently fold mayonnaise mixture in taking care not to mash potatoes. Add remaining ingredients and fold until well mixed.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving – longer is better.
- Recipe variations: Deep fry or oven fry potatoes instead of boiling. Add ¾ cup of diced sweet or dill pickles.