A twist on traditional Potato salad with a little kick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled & diced into 1/2 cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (e.g. Miracle Whip) or 3/4 cup salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons tabasco brand smoked chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dried chives or 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1Boil diced potatoes until just done – do not overcook. Drain, and soak in cold water (to stop cooking process), drain again once cooled.
- 2Whisk Tabasco® sauce into mayonnaise until well blended. More or less Chipotle can be added to taste. Take care however; mixture will get hotter as flavors mature.
- 3Combine potatoes, sweet corn, and onions into a mixing bowl – gently fold mayonnaise mixture in taking care not to mash potatoes. Add remaining ingredients and fold until well mixed.
- 4Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving – longer is better.
- 5Recipe variations: Deep fry or oven fry potatoes instead of boiling. Add ¾ cup of diced sweet or dill pickles.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holy Chipotle Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 702.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g