Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
Barbie's family recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls.
Make and share this Holubky recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine egg, milk, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add meat and cooked rice; mix well.
- Remove center vein of cabbage leaves, keeping each leaf in 1 piece. Immerse leaves in boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp; drain leaves.
- Place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each large leaf or 1/4 cup on medium ones; fold in the sides. Start rolling from an unrolled edge. making sure the folded edges are included inside the roll. Arrange in a 9x13 oven proof dish.
- Stir together the soup, brown sugar, and lemon juice; pour the mixture over the top of the cabbage rolls.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 1/4 hours, basting once or twice with sauce. Makes 6 servings.