Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Barbie's family recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine egg, milk, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add meat and cooked rice; mix well.
- Remove center vein of cabbage leaves, keeping each leaf in 1 piece. Immerse leaves in boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp; drain leaves.
- Place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each large leaf or 1/4 cup on medium ones; fold in the sides. Start rolling from an unrolled edge. making sure the folded edges are included inside the roll. Arrange in a 9x13 oven proof dish.
- Stir together the soup, brown sugar, and lemon juice; pour the mixture over the top of the cabbage rolls.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 1/4 hours, basting once or twice with sauce. Makes 6 servings.