Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Roasted fillet mignon covered in mushrooms and onions. This always comes out juicy and tender with so much flavor
- 1 lb beef tenderloin (4-5 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 5 -6 mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 shallot (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup maggi seasoning or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- Combine broth (beef or chicken), red wine, flour, mushrooms, onions, and shallots in medium glass baking dish and mix well until flour is no longer visible.
- Poke fillets about 3 times on both sides with a fork. cover them completely with maggi seasoning (or soy sauce). Let sit for 10 minutes OR place in ziplock bag and into the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place fillets inside dish covering with broth on both sides and place in the oven. Make sure broth covers at least half of the fillet.
- Flip fillets after 20 minutes and add a pinch of kosher salt and pepper to the top of fillets.
- Flip fillets again after another 20 minutes and add the rest of the salt and pepper to the top of the fillets. With a fork, place butter on top of each one. Place back in oven.
- Cook to your desired taste. If you want them medium well cook for 10-20 more minutes, if you want them well done, cook 15-30 minutes longer, turning them over once more if needed.
- Either way this will come out the juiciest and most flavorful fillet you've ever tasted. Enjoy!
It did have a great flavor, and the various ingredients complimented the meat in a rich sauce. Thanks!