Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Although I haven't tried this yet -- it sounds like a fabulous way to end a great dinner.
Make and share this Hollywood Black Mint Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces chocolate wafers
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mint chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- Generously butter a 9" springform pan. Break chocolate wafers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Add melted butter and pulse until just blended.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 2" up sides of the prepared pan. Refrigerate. (Can be prepared a day ahead).
- CHOCOLATE LAYER:.
- Preheat over to 325 and position rack in lower third of oven.
- Place 1 1/4 cups mint chocolate chips together with water in microwave-safe bowl, microwave on medium setting until melted, approximately 1 1/2 minutes in 30 second increments.
- Blend in cream de menthe. Spoon chocolate mixture over bottom of crust, using back of a spoon to spread evenly. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese in large bowl. Using a mixer, mix for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. Add sugar in a steady stream, mixing for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Mixing on low speed, add eggs, vanilla and sour cream, blending well.
- Pour the filling over the chocolate, starting around the sides and then filling in the middle. Bake for 50 minutes.
- At the end of 50 minutes, turn off oven and leave cake in oven for an additional hour without opening oven door. Remove from oven.
- Chop remaining 1/4 cup chocolate mint chips and sprinkle evenly over surface of warm cake. Cool on rack for 3 hours, then refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, run a thin knife around edge of pan and carefully remove the rim. Serve in wedges.
- Passive work time does not include the 24 hours of refrigeration time.