2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Although I haven't tried this yet -- it sounds like a fabulous way to end a great dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 1/2 ounces chocolate wafers
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2Generously butter a 9" springform pan. Break chocolate wafers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- 3Add melted butter and pulse until just blended.
- 4Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 2" up sides of the prepared pan. Refrigerate. (Can be prepared a day ahead).
- 5CHOCOLATE LAYER:.
- 6Preheat over to 325 and position rack in lower third of oven.
- 7Place 1 1/4 cups mint chocolate chips together with water in microwave-safe bowl, microwave on medium setting until melted, approximately 1 1/2 minutes in 30 second increments.
- 8Blend in cream de menthe. Spoon chocolate mixture over bottom of crust, using back of a spoon to spread evenly. Set aside.
- 10Place cream cheese in large bowl. Using a mixer, mix for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. Add sugar in a steady stream, mixing for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 11Mixing on low speed, add eggs, vanilla and sour cream, blending well.
- 12Pour the filling over the chocolate, starting around the sides and then filling in the middle. Bake for 50 minutes.
- 13At the end of 50 minutes, turn off oven and leave cake in oven for an additional hour without opening oven door. Remove from oven.
- 14Chop remaining 1/4 cup chocolate mint chips and sprinkle evenly over surface of warm cake. Cool on rack for 3 hours, then refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- 15To serve, run a thin knife around edge of pan and carefully remove the rim. Serve in wedges.
- 16Passive work time does not include the 24 hours of refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hollywood Black Mint Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.9
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 196.4 mg
- Sodium 397.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 47.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g