2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Although I haven't tried this yet -- it sounds like a fabulous way to end a great dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 1/2 ounces chocolate wafers
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2Generously butter a 9" springform pan. Break chocolate wafers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- 3Add melted butter and pulse until just blended.
- 4Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 2" up sides of the prepared pan. Refrigerate. (Can be prepared a day ahead).
- 5CHOCOLATE LAYER:.
- 6Preheat over to 325 and position rack in lower third of oven.
- 7Place 1 1/4 cups mint chocolate chips together with water in microwave-safe bowl, microwave on medium setting until melted, approximately 1 1/2 minutes in 30 second increments.
- 8Blend in cream de menthe. Spoon chocolate mixture over bottom of crust, using back of a spoon to spread evenly. Set aside.
- 10Place cream cheese in large bowl. Using a mixer, mix for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. Add sugar in a steady stream, mixing for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 11Mixing on low speed, add eggs, vanilla and sour cream, blending well.
- 12Pour the filling over the chocolate, starting around the sides and then filling in the middle. Bake for 50 minutes.
- 13At the end of 50 minutes, turn off oven and leave cake in oven for an additional hour without opening oven door. Remove from oven.
- 14Chop remaining 1/4 cup chocolate mint chips and sprinkle evenly over surface of warm cake. Cool on rack for 3 hours, then refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- 15To serve, run a thin knife around edge of pan and carefully remove the rim. Serve in wedges.
- 16Passive work time does not include the 24 hours of refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hollywood Black Mint Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.9
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 196.4 mg
- Sodium 397.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 47.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g