Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my standard after Thanksgiving recipes. I also make it using chicken stock and chicken in the winter. :o)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon dried parsley, depending on your taste
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, depending on your taste
- 4 cups turkey, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups turkey stock
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter over medium heat in a stock pot until the butter is melted.
- Add the carrot, celery, onion, parsley and Italian seasonings. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the turkey, stock and water.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to low, just barely a simmer, and cook for about an hour or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Add salt and pepper if need be and serve.
- *Some nice late add-ins ~ zucchini, napa cabbage, rice, noodles.
Leftover Christmas turkey, turkey and more turkey equals a most satisfying Holly's Turkey Soup. Made for Soups and Breads Recipe Tag.