Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a layered dip that is colorful and delicious! I take it to parties and potlucks and people always ask for the recipe. I often make it with low fat dairy ingredients and serve it with multi-grain chips. Combine that with the fibre and nutritional benefits of the beans and greens and you have a healthy alternative to regular potato chips and dip.
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (try low sodium, its just as good!)
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed (the peas will make your guacamole bright green and more nutritious!)
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 3 large avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (8 oz/250 g, at room temperature)
- 2 cups southwestern style salsa (the corn & black beans make it yummy)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Bottom Layer:.
- Place beans, sour cream and taco seasoning in the bowl of a small food processor and puree until smooth.
- Spread evenly over bottom of 8 x 11 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate with plastic wrap while you make second layer.
- Second Layer:.
- Place peas and green chilies (with their liquid) in the bowl of a small food processor and puree until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Peel and pit avocados and place pieces in a large bowl. Toss with lime juice and garlic. Mash well using a potato masher.
- Add pureed peas and all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread carefully and evenly over bean layer. Cover and refrigerate while you make third layer.
- Third Layer:.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and cream cheese until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over guacamole.
- Fourth Layer:.
- Spread salsa over cream cheese layer.
- Fifth Layer:.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar evenly over salsa.
- Top with chopped lettuce, followed by red pepper, and green onions.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with nacho chips and enjoy!