Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
light and healthy version of lemon chicken with tofu
Make and share this Holly's Lemon Chicken Adapted from Yan Can Cook recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin sliced and marinated in
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (meyer lemon if available)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 c water with 1 TB chicken bouillon)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into rounds, remove seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- spray or brush pan with oil and stir fry chicken for 2 min on high heat.
- add sauce and tofu (if using), mix well.
- reduce heat to med low, cover and simmer 2 minute.
- add water and cornstarch mixture stir well til thickened.
- Serve with rice and sliced red bell pepper garnish.