Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
light and healthy version of lemon chicken with tofu
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin sliced and marinated in
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (meyer lemon if available)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 c water with 1 TB chicken bouillon)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into rounds, remove seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- spray or brush pan with oil and stir fry chicken for 2 min on high heat.
- add sauce and tofu (if using), mix well.
- reduce heat to med low, cover and simmer 2 minute.
- add water and cornstarch mixture stir well til thickened.
- Serve with rice and sliced red bell pepper garnish.