Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is like a version of rice krispie treats, but I think this is a little better for the Christmas holidays.
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green food coloring
- red cinnamon candies
- wax paper
- In a double boiler, melt margarine.
- Add marshmallows a few at a time.
- Stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add green food coloring and remove from heat.
- Stir in corn flakes gently.
- Drop by spoonful on waxed paper.
- Put 3 red hots on each spoonful to resemble holly berries.
Someone made these for me last Christmas. They were awesome!! But it seems the red hots were very hard. Could red M&M Minis be used instead-or would they melt?
Thanks for the recipe. Used to have this recipe and misplace it. These are awesome! Thanks
I can't even begin to tell you how gorgeous these made my cookie trays. Everyone was so impressed. Half the staff walked around last night with green tongues. Beautiful.