This recipe was featured with high reviews in an email from the www.allrecipes.com website. The picture posted on the site is so cute! They shape the cookies into wreaths with the red hots as the berries! SUBMITTED BY: Heather Dolan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows (one reader strongly suggests only using a 10 ounce package)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (the reviews mentioned not to use margarine)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green food coloring (you may cut this back if you want)
- 4 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package red-hot candies, cinnamon flavored
- 1In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the marshmallows, butter, vanilla and food coloring.
- 2Mix in the cornflakes cereal.
- 3Drop by spoonfuls or shape into wreaths on wax paper (a lot of the other readers strongly suggest either the non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper instead), and decorate with red hots. Make sure that you put the red hots on before they are set up.
- 4Set aside, and allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holly Christmas Cookies (Shaped Into Wreaths)
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 107.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: