Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured with high reviews in an email from the www.allrecipes.com website. The picture posted on the site is so cute! They shape the cookies into wreaths with the red hots as the berries! SUBMITTED BY: Heather Dolan
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows (one reader strongly suggests only using a 10 ounce package)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (the reviews mentioned not to use margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green food coloring (you may cut this back if you want)
- 4 1⁄2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package red-hot candies, cinnamon flavored
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the marshmallows, butter, vanilla and food coloring.
- Mix in the cornflakes cereal.
- Drop by spoonfuls or shape into wreaths on wax paper (a lot of the other readers strongly suggest either the non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper instead), and decorate with red hots. Make sure that you put the red hots on before they are set up.
- Set aside, and allow to cool.