Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very easy, no-bake Christmas cookie recipe. It makes a festive addition to a Christmas cookie assortment. This recipe was originally my Grandmother's and I hope you enjoy. These cookies always bring back fond memories for me of spending Christmas at Grandma's.
- 88.74 ml margarine
- 32 regular sized marshmallows
- 4.92 ml green food coloring
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml corn flakes
- 90 red cinnamon candies (I use Brachs Cinnamon Imperials)
- Melt margarine and the 32 marshmallows together in a pan over low heat. Stir as needed.
- Once the marshmallows have all melted, remove pot from heat and stir in the green food coloring and the vanilla. Stir until the marshmallow mixture is a uniform green color (no streaks).
- Fold the cornflakes into the marshmallow mixture and stir until all are coated.
- Drop by teaspoon full onto aluminum foil or parchment paper and place 3 red cinnamon candies in the center of each cookie. Let dry.
I found this recipe when my daughter was young and it was one of our Christmas traditions to make these each year. Last year, I taught my granddaughter to make them for our family Christmas celebration. Very good and a nice switch from Rice Krispies Treats.
This is a great recipe! My mother in law makes it for the kids every year...even for the "big kids" because we love them too! Thanks for posting...if she quits making them, I'll know where to go for the recipe. :)