Recipe by S Sullins
Little chocolate cakes loose their height when cool. This pocket is the perfect resting place for a scoop of ice cream!
- 8 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 4 scoops coffee ice cream (1 pint)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter and coat with sugar 4 jumbo muffin cups.
- In a double boiler heat chocolate and butter.
- Stir occasionally until melted and well mixed.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together 2 T butter and 4 egg yolks until they become light yellow and thick.
- Stir melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, add 2 T sugar and whisk until stiff and shiny.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Fill prepared muffin cups and bake at 350°F about 25 minutes until set and lightly springy.
- Remove from oven and set on wore rack to cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve with a scoop of mocha ice cream.