Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Isle of Man / Manx cookies; traditionally sold at Hollandtide Fairs.
Make and share this Hollandtide Fairings recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter, golden syrup and sugar over low heat.
- Sift flour, ginger, and mixed spice into a bowl.
- Dissolve baking soda in a little water.
- Add to ingredients in saucepan.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry to form a dough.
- Cover bowl and leave at least 1 hour.
- Roll out thinly and cut into shapes (traditionally men on horseback).
- Bake in moderate oven about 15 minutes.
- When biscuits are cold decorate with lemon peel, icing and currants.