1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Isle of Man / Manx cookies; traditionally sold at Hollandtide Fairs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter, golden syrup and sugar over low heat.
- 2Sift flour, ginger, and mixed spice into a bowl.
- 3Dissolve baking soda in a little water.
- 4Add to ingredients in saucepan.
- 5Mix wet ingredients with dry to form a dough.
- 6Cover bowl and leave at least 1 hour.
- 7Roll out thinly and cut into shapes (traditionally men on horseback).
- 8Bake in moderate oven about 15 minutes.
- 9When biscuits are cold decorate with lemon peel, icing and currants.
Nutritional Facts for Hollandtide Fairings
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 121.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: