Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce comes from a cook book, French Classics. This is perfect served over fish. DO NOT overheat the yolks or the sauce will curdle and you will have to start again. Cooking time is complete time. Serve with salmon # 170382
- Over medium heat, whisk the egg yolks and water together 2-3 minutes until thick and fluffy. Do not over heat. Remove from heat.
- Whisk for an additional minute.
- Slowly whisk in the melted butter a little at a time.
- Add the salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Add chopped chives, if using.
Hollandaise always scares me but I followed the directions to a "T" and it came out great. Treated myself to a lovely eggs benedict breakfast. I will keep this recipe. Thanks, Sheri.
I did serve with salmon Salmon With Butter Sauce. IThe only addition I made was adding of the lemon zest!