Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my family's recipe for hollandaise. I've never tried any other way, but we think this is delicious. I like to serve this over steamed or roasted veggies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt butter until bubbly.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, adn seasonings into blender container; cover and blend on low until yolks are frothy.
- Pour in half the butter in a very slow, steady stream until creamy.
- Then turn blender to high and add remaining butter slowly.
- Taste and correct seasonings.
- Serve immediately on steamed vegetables such as brussel sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, etc.