Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very tasty sauce I've used over chicken breasts and egg noodles.
- Put egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in blender jar.
- Heat butter in small pan until bubbly.
- Do not burn.
- Cover blender and whirl at high speed for 2 or 3 seconds.
- Remove center section of cover or entire cover and at high speed pour in hot butter in a thin, steady stream.
- It will take about 30 seconds.
- Pour over baked chicken breasts or egg noodles as a side dish.
Wonderful! Hollandaise is definitely a splurge these days in terms of time and calories, but this recipe makes it all worth while...thanks for posting!
I was in a hurry and this sauce seemed pretty easy so I thought I'd give it a shot. WOW! It was so easy to make and absolutely delicious! I served it as a dipping sauce for steamed artichokes. This recipe makes enough sauce for 3-4 large artichokes. I will definetly use this recipe again.
This velvety sauce has all the same ingredients as classic hollandaise, but with a faster, easier, foolproof preparation method - why make it any other way? I used salted butter so omitted the 1/4 tsp. salt from the recipe with good results.