Recipe by Karin...
This is absolutely, positively delicious poured over freshly cooked asparagus, broccoli, beans, fish and eggs!! It is best made as close to serving time as possible while it is still hot/very warm. It should always be possible to do this as it only takes about 5 minutes to make! I haven't included the cooking time here as the only 'cooking time' involved is to melt the butter. It really is so easy to make!
Top Review by kamgriz
We made this hollandaise yesterday with our eggs benedict. Very yummy and so easy to make! It is a bit on the tangy side. I used 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 1 1/2 tsp vinegar. Next time I may cut back a little more, but it was still delicious! Great recipe!
- 3 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter (4oz or 1 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put egg yolks, lemon juice, vinegar, prepared mustard and pinch of cayenne pepper in a jug.
- Beat until thick and creamy (a handheld blender is just great for this!).
- Heat butter SLOWLY until melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and SLOWLY add to the egg yolk mixture.
- Combine well.
- (to absorb the butter into the egg yolk mixture).
- Beat until smooth and thick.
- Serve straight away (before the sauce loses it's heat)!