Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I purchased some Bols Blue, a liquor with citrus in it made in Holland. Using this in baked goods is done so everyone can eat. I folded half of the white chocolate pudding in the batter and of course it is blue. This liquor is also good with Sprite soft drink. I wanted something special for our anniversary. It is a rich dessert. I just made this cake again but refrigerated it overnight and it makes a big difference in the flavor, moist & flavor seems to be more intense.
Top Review by PennaDutchBoy
I purchased the recommended ingrediants and followed the instructions, but mine turned out to be a real mess. I left it cool as directed but it stuck to the pan. After I pieced it together I went back later to check the kitchen and the cake had cracked on two sides. So, I made a white chocolate glaze to cover the faults. I coundn't detect any blue liquor flavor. BUT.....I must say it tasted great. My guests enjoyed it. So, nect time I will try letting it cool completely in the pan before unmolding. Maybe try a tube pan with a removeable bottom.
- 3 1⁄3 ounces jello instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons bols blue liquor
- 3 drops blue food coloring
- 1 (1 lb) boxbetty crocker super moist white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Spray Pam in large bundt pan.
- In medium mixing bowl, add pudding mix, milk and flour. Beat with spoon or whisk until mixed. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl add cake mix, water, egg whites and vegetable oil, beat at low speed with beater about five minutes and use a rubber spatula to scrap the sides while beating.
- Divide the white chocolate pudding in half.
- Pour one half in the cake mix and beat on low speed until blended.
- Add the liquor and the food coloring to the other half of the pudding.
- Pour the cake mix into the greased bundt pan.
- Gently spoon mounds of the blue pudding mix on top of the batter.
- Swirl in with a knife or a fork gently in a figure eight pattern.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Take out of oven when the top is pressed lightly and springs back.
- Cool at least 20 minutes before inverting on a platter. Take a spatula and gently slide down the grooves of the bundt pan.
- Invert on serving platter. Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting.