Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Cruisers know that there’s something special about fresh baked cookies onboard a ship. This recipe by Chef Wolfgang Wasshausen from Holland America Cruise Line lets you bake amazing chocolate chip cookies right at home!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour (you can use Nutritious Flour Blend in this)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 118.29-177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 375*F. and grease baking sheets well(or spray with cooking spray).
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the egg, water and vanilla.
- Blend brown sugar and oil in a large bowl at low speed.
- Add the egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- With mixer on lowest speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time until all of the mixture is added, scraping the bowl well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees F for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute, and them move to cooling rack.
These are yummy! They are different, but definitely worth trying. Crispy and soft inside. Thanks for sharing!
Sharon these are fantastic cookies! We loved the texture of these cookies and it is hard to describe but they have a flaky/crispy outside and an extra soft inside. We LOVED these cookies! What a difference in making a cookie without shortening and white sugar - these have a much better flavor. Have I said how much we love them? Great with a cold glass of milk for dipping too. Found and made in PRMR tag game.
What a yummy cookie recipe!
Made these as stated and added a few toasted walnuts to the batter.
GREAT cookie~the brown sugar adds extra depth to the cookie.