Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a 1992 calendar. Good for Thanksgiving or Passover. Remember some guests may have nut allergies!
- 2 lbs yams, sliced, cooked
- 2 oranges, peeled, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Cover bottom of an oiled 1 1/2 quart casserole with half the yam slices.
- Top with half the orange slices and sprinkle with half the sugar.
- Repeat with remaining yams, orange slices and sugar.
- Combine orange juice and peanut oil and pour over layers.
- Sprinkle with pecans and bake at 325 degrees F. for about 50 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Baste occasionally during baking.